Sunday, January 26, 2014

Welcome to Small Pauses!

 Please read my description of this blog in the tab above titled "Finding Joy". I hope you will join me in this journey by taking your own "Small Daily Pauses" and share them here as well. The fun is in the journey!

Balance, 4x4in. Oil on linen/panel. Sold


Today's "Small Pause"....


I love feeding birds and have several feeders hanging on my back doorstep. I take delight in seeing all my visitors as I pass by my kitchen window. Recently, we have been having visits from an unexpected guest. A gorgeous pheasant who has been feeding below the feeders! Sometimes his cry alerts me to his presence and I run out to the kitchen to see if I can catch a glimpse of him, knowing he might dash away quickly due to his timid nature.

Today, I was thrilled to see him again. I quickly grabbed my camera, jumped up on a kitchen chair and was just about to snap a photo when he rapidly dashed away after seeing my movement in the window. It was so delightful to see him and witness his beauty today. I am determined to snap a photo of him in the near future. Such an elusive guy!! 



What was your "Small Pause" today? Please Share!

Warmly, 
Debbie





2 comments:

  1. Hello Debbie,

    This is my first visit to your blog. And I am truly impressed ! I also thank Paul, for citing this blog in one of his recent article on learning to see.

    I am an ordinary lady with an ordinary life. I have a keen interest in art, music and literature and good food. Among them, Art ( designing, composition ) and literature fascinates me more. Whereas, music and food plays a background score.

    I liked your blog very much. You can paint with words as well as with brushes. Loved it ! I'll keep visiting, like those birds on feeders. The only difference is I am always " Hungry for More " :D

    Cheers !
    Purna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Warm Hello Purna!

      What a lovely surprise to receive your comment this morning! I am so happy you are enjoying my "Small Pauses" Blog! I loved hearing all about you and don't think you are ordinary at all. You sound very interesting and obviously love creativity! Please come again and feel free to share anytime. I welcome your company--just like the birds at my feeders!
      Warmly,
      Debbie

      Delete

Facebook Comments