Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 3, Small Pause, "Swings"





Today's "Small Pause"...

Teaching grade one students can be very busy as you can imagine. Today while I was on a planning period, I happened to lift my head from planning at my desk and noticed a swing set in the playground. There wasn't a child in sight, just a gentle motion from the unoccupied swings as a winter chill rocked them gently. Suddenly, a happy memory of younger days was triggered. 

I smiled remembering those special days with friends swinging in swing sets on the playground. I remember the feeling of delight and exhilaration as we swung faster, trying to fly up to the sky. Even more exciting was slowing down and then jumping off before the swing stopped! Laughing we would jump back on and do it all over again. 


What was your "Small Pause" today? I would love to hear it! Please feel free to leave your experience in a comment below.

Warmly,
Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments