Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 27, Small Pause, "A Sense of Knowing"


"As Summer Fades", 6x6in. Oil on linen/panel. Painted En Plein Air in Grant's Lake, Nova Scotia.

Available Here

Today's Small Pause...

There is a sense of knowing, when one becomes engaged in the present. This can happen in numerous ways. Being still and paying attention to the breath or engaging in a meditative activity such as yoga, can induce this sense of now. 
For me, it is when I paint in nature. All my senses are engaged as I experience each brush stroke and moment. It is meditation in motion, allowing me to set aside to do lists and live fully in the present. 

I was reminded of this truth today while I sat on my doorstep reading Pem Chodron's book " The Wisdom of No Escape". Her words of wisdom were a catalyst for my small pause today.

"This sense of fresh start can be applied not only to formal meditation, but throughout your whole life. This teaching, one-pointedness, means that you can be thoroughly present. If you find yourself feeling distracted, you can simply come back and wake up and give yourself a fresh start."

May you enjoy a small fresh start today, living in a quiet present moment!

Warmly,
Debbie




P.S. Please feel free to leave a comment or add your own Small Pause in the comment section below!


You may also like to Subscribe to my free Fine Art Ezine and Fine Art Blog. Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments