Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Day 23, Small Pause, "Smell the Roses"

A Harmonic Existence, 6x6in. Oil on canvas, Painted En Plein Air in Powell's Pt. Park, Nova Scotia.
Available Here.


































Today's Small Pause...

Today I literally had a chance to "smell the roses".  After a marathon week of gardening, it was wonderful to take a break and enjoy nature. This is one of my favorite times of year when wild rose bushes present their glory! 

On my walk this morning I was greeted by their sweet scent and refreshing hue. They danced within strong gusts of wind; like a sea of pink bobbling on waves of breezes. Oh the joy! My heart always sings when they arrive. 




Their presence is joyful and I can almost hear them laughing! I love their light hearted nature. Like children, they dance about without care.  As adults we could take a lesson from nature's free spirit by taking short moments of time in our day to "smell the roses"! 

Warmly,
Debbie


P.S. Please feel free to leave a comment or add your own Small Pause in the comment section below!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments