Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day 18, Small Pause, "Quiet"


Calmness in the Park, 4x4in. Oil on linen/panel. Sold

"Some days, we just need to turn the quiet up."

~Dr. SunWolf


Today's Small Pause...

Once again we have been greeted with stormy weather. Its gift is that it slows down the pace of life and allows time for rejuvenation. During a quiet time today I was reminded of how small items, scents or sounds can bring a sense of centeredness and comfort. 

As winds gust about and freezing rain pelts upon my window pane, I find comfort in feeling cozy inside. I am thankful to be safe in my home and protected from the outside elements.

A small candle fills the room with an apple, cinnamon scent. It is a memorable scent of homemade baking and family. 



I love watching its flickering light and how it glows within its glass encasement. A warm glow of orange dances about happily. Its dance is mesmerizing...its glow happy and warm.

Today's small pause reminded me of the truth, that even when life has brought challenges, little nuggets are woven within to bring relief. Quiet is the vehicle which allows their entry.

Warmly,
Debbie



I would love to hear your thoughts or small pause today! Please feel free to share in the comment section below. 




4 comments:

  1. My "small pause" happened yesterday when I noticed a red-winged blackbird weaving in and out of some dead grass tufts on a riverbank. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds beautiful Laura! I love watching birds in flight--such a feeling of freedom. Thanks so much for sharing your "Small Pause". :D

      Delete
  2. I enjoy your lovely blog DebbieI I had a "small pause" this morning when I was inspecting a tree for damage. While I did find a broken branch, I also found a nest up high in the tree. It brought a fresh sense of hope to me to see new life continuing to grow in spite of a few broken places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you are enjoying my new blog Robyn! Love your small pause--thanks so much for sharing it. I can't wait for Spring to arrive this year. I love the new beginnings it brings. It has been a long winter!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook Comments